Word and Deed
Word and Deed is a outreach program for people all over the word. With projects in South and Central America, Africa and Indonesia.
Word and Deed’s mission is to address the spiritual and physical needs of people in the developing world in accordance with biblical principles.
Word and Deed’s Strategy
- To communicate the predicament of the suffering in the developing world to the people of North America so that they are given the opportunity to respond to their needs in love, motivated by thankfulness for God’s grace in their lives.
- To partner with Christian organizations in the developing world on a wide variety of projects including child sponsorship, Christian Education, orphan care, disaster relief and vocational training, while providing accountability and encouragement for our partners, as well as timely updates to all supporters.
Word and Deed’s Methods
- A focus on empowering each needy person to eventually provide for themselves in recognition of the dignity they have as God’s image bearers, having been made both to work and to worship.
- An insistence on the Gospel being central to each ordinary project.
- A careful use of field trips, interviews, correspondence, and application procedures to ensure that potential partners (churches and missions) and projects make responsible use of the funds provided and are motivated by a love for God and their neighbor.
- Consistent monitoring and supervision of ongoing projects.
- To mobilize and educate churches of North America through timely updates in the form of presentations, quarterly magazines, church bulletins, emails and website articles in order to raise awareness of the plight of the needy.
What is emphasized at Word & Deed
- A Gospel focus (Concern for man’s eternal destiny and the extension of the Kingdom of God.)
- Targeting self-sufficiency (Teaching the needy to provide for themselves rather than providing for them, which only encourages a culture of dependence.)
- A reliance on indigenous partner organizations in the developing world (Relying on the skills and assets of our partners rather than relying on North American skills and assets.)
Word and Deed also provides a sponsership of a child
You can make a World of Difference in a child’s life!
For only $38(CND) or $35(US) per month, you provide a child with:
- Biblical Instruction
- A Christian education
- A nutritionally balanced diet
- A minimum of two of the following features: Clothing, medical care, dental care, nutritional counselling, basic instruction and counselling for the parent(s), or emergency assistance in a crisis.
- You will receive a picture of your sponsor child, an update twice per year, and the opportunity to correspond with your sponsor child should you so desire.
To learn more about Word and Deed visit their website http://www.wordanddeed.org/